Our main tasks
Mainstreaming of equality and non-discrimination in Finnish municipalities
- Association of Finnish Local and Regional Authorities develops together with 5 Finnish pilot municipalities the implementation of equality planning at municipal level.
- Ministry of Justice develops training material on LGBTI equality for professionals in health care and educations sector.
LGBTI awareness-raising at local level
- Seta develops and tests measures and training material to promote LGBTI equality at local level. Also, it promotes the cooperation between NGOs and local actors in five pilot municipalities.
Transnational and cross-border cooperation on LGBTI policy
- Lithuanian Gay League together with project partners promotes the cooperation and mutual learning on LBGTI policies at European level, focusing especially to support the competence and networks of the NGOs and authorities in Baltic countries and Finland.
Tackling multiple discrimination
- Ministry of Justice raises awareness of the different forms of multiple discrimination, and tests tools and methods to combat them.
Ministry of Justice of Finland (coordinator of the project)
Project manager Michaela Moua, Ministry of Justice, Finland, Unit for Democracy, Language Affairs and Fundamental Rights, michaela.moua(a)om.fi, +358 29 515 0229
Project expert Tommi Palosaari, Ministry of Justice, Finland, Unit for Democracy, Language Affairs and Fundamental Rights, tommi.palosaari(a)om.fi, +358 29 515 0102
Project coordinator Nelli Ruotsalainen, Seta, nelli.ruotsalainen(a)seta.fi, +358 50 352 3545
Project coordinator Eduardas Platovas, LGL, edis(a)gay.lt, +370 612 15243
Project specialist Johanna Laaja, Association of Finnish Local and Regional Authorities, johanna.laaja(a)kuntaliitto.fi, +358 50 563 7103
Check out the equality and non-discrimination video series!
What does equality mean? What kind of discrimination do Roma, the disabled or people belonging to sexual minorities experience in Finland? Or how can equality and non-discrimination be promoted in services and working life?
The equality and non-discrimination video series produced by the Ministry of Justice’s Rainbow Rights project ponders these questions and other issues. The videos have been produced for educational use, in particular to support the promotion of equality in the activities of public authorities. Check out the videos and share them with your network!
The videos have been produced by the Ministry of Justice’s Rainbow Rights project, which has received funding from the Rights, Equality and Citizenship Programme of the European Union.